Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Marinara Sauce

I started this blog because I am always sending my newly tried recipes, those that come out good of course, to my mom. Anyway, I figured I could start this blog and if she (or anyone else) tries them, you can let me know what you think (by leaving a comment at the end of that recipe)! It will take a while to get going because I am going to include a picture with each recipe. And, in the past, it wasn't a habit of mine to take pictures at dinner LOL


I have plenty of recipes I would love to post but I am going to try and include a picture with each one. Some I have made up, some are from cookbooks (which I will let you know) and others are from cookbooks or other people and edited a bit.

Well, I am cooking chicken parmesan tonight and there is nothing special about chicken but I made my own marinara sauce. I use this sauce anytime I need a red sauce so mostly pasta or homemade pizza.

Marinara Sauce

½ cup EVOO

1 small onion, chopped

1 tablespoon minced garlic

2 celery stalks, chopped

½ tsp salt

½ tsp black pepper

2 – 28 cans crushed tomatoes

2 dried bay leaves

4 leaves fresh basil

1 tbsp fresh curly parsley

¼ tsp fresh oregano


Heat EVOO in pot, add onion, garlic, celery. Let cook down about 10 minutes. Add rest of ingredients. Let cook at least 30 minutes. Freezes well.

No comments: