Thursday, March 27, 2008

Italian Turkey Meatballs


(Please excuse the messy table, I have been super busy between Oasis Homes and Cleaning Wizards)

I decided to do meatball subs tonight and I never made meatballs before so here is my little recipe that I made up. I love Italian food so I figured I would do an Italian Meatball.

EVOO
1.3 lbs lean ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 cp Italian Bread Crumbs
1/4 cp grated parm cheese
1 tsp. each of S&P
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 cups of your favorite sauce (I use the mariana from below)

Drizzle a little EVOO in the bottom of a pan (just enough to coat) or spray with EVOO NonStick spray. Combine ingredients 2-6 in a bowl. Once combined, form balls and put into pan with EVOO. Let cook about 15 minutes (turning as needed). Add sauce, making sure to coat all meatballs. Cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until meatballs are done.

Serve on top of spaghetti or on sub rolls. When serving on sub rolls, I add slices of provolone cheese.

The steamed broccoli is super easy. I literally only steam the broccoli for about 6 minutes. I love my fresh veggies when they are hot but still have a crunch to them. I just put a tad bit of butter with a little S&P to season.

No comments: