Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dirty Rice

I am just realizing I never put this recipe on here. It is a very easy one pot dish and great for parties. Just transfer to a crock pot on warm after cooking. I don't measure and I probably do something different every time I make it. And no body knows it has brown rice :)

1.5 lb lean ground beef (I use sirloin)
Salt, black pepper, italian seasoning
1 chicken bullion cube
1 cup brown rice

Brown beef in a big pot. If needed, drain then put back in pot. Season with salt, black pepper, and italian seasoning. Add 3 cups water and chicken bullion cube. Add 1 cup dry brown rice. Cover and let simmer about 45 mins. You may need to add more water towards the end if rice absorbs all before finished.

You can add cayenne pepper too if you like spicy.

Check back over the weekend for 2 new dessert recipes I am trying. Both include oreos and whipped cream!

No comments: