Friday, April 2, 2010

Krafts Whipped Strawberry Sensation



We have a New York relative coming to our crawfish boil today for Good Friday so I had to do a dessert using fresh Ponchatoula strawberries. I found this in Kraft Food magazine. My changes are in parentheses.

I haven't had any of the fully prepared dessert yet but I tasted it before freezing last night and it was VERY good. Super sweet so if you aren't big on really sweet desserts, you may want to cut the condensed milk in half. If it isn't strawberry season, you could probably use frozen or maybe even raspberries or some other type of fruit.

4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice(I squeezed the juice from one large fresh lemon)
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided(I used low fat)
8 OREO Cookies, finely chopped (I used 12 and put in food processor on pulse for a few seconds)
1 Tbsp. butter, melted (I used about 1.5 tbsp)

LINE 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil, with ends extending over sides of pan. Mash 2 cups berries in large bowl (I pulsed in food processor). Add condensed milk, lemon juice juice and 2 cups COOL WHIP; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.

MIX chopped cookies and butter (I combined butter in food processor by pulsing a second with oreos); spoon over COOL WHIP mixture. Gently press cookie mixture into COOL WHIP mixture. Cover with ends of foil. Freeze overnight.

INVERT dessert onto plate when ready to serve; remove pan and peel off foil. Frost dessert with remaining COOL WHIP. Slice remaining berries; arrange over dessert. (I then flash freezed mine, took out after about 40 minutes then covered) then put back in freezer until ready to serve. I took out about 20 minutes before serving so the top berries weren't frozen solid.


No comments: