Sunday, July 14, 2013

Banana Muffin Whole Wheat Pancakes


Banana Muffin Whole Wheat Pancakes






I always try to find recipes that are good and healthy.  This is a recipe I found on 100daysofrealfood.com and I modified it a little bit.  I didn't count, but I would guess this made about 15 small/medium size pancakes.

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour (I used Hodgson Mills)
2 tablespoons baking powder
1.5 tablespoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg

Wet Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon honey
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons applesauce
2 ripe bananas

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl then mix in the two milks.
Mash up bananas then combine with rest of wet ingredients.
Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together.
Pour onto heated pan or griddle (I use a ladle) and cook about 3-4 minutes per side.
Serve with your choice of toppings.  My husband likes maple syrup and slithered almonds, my daughter and I used cream cheese and strawberries. 
They also freeze well!  I freeze on a baking pan for 2 hours then put into a freezer bag for easier storage.




No comments: