Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I made cookies!!!!


Steven was told to bring a dessert for his family Christmas Day. I am super busy and didn't have time for anything fancy and didn't want to just bring something from Winn Dixie so I took a stab at cookies.

I am a very bad baker, normally, but I decided to try Land O Lakes recipe for Cinnamon Blossoms. I had everything needed and it sounded pretty easy. Plus, they came out really good!

Here is the recipe from their website. My changes are in bold.
Preparation time: 50 min LOL took me like 20 minutes
Baking time: 8 min
Yield: 5 dozen cookies opps, mine must have been too big, I think I got like 24


1
cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened I used unsalted
3/4
cup sugar
1
egg yolk
1
teaspoon vanilla
2
cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2
teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4
teaspoon salt
60
mini chocolate candy kisses I got the regular size with almonds


Heat oven to 375°F. Combine butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour, cinnamon and salt. Beat until well mixed.

Fit cookie press with desired template; fill with dough. Press dough, 1 inch apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. I didn't have a cookie press so I rolled mine into balls (apparently made them too big too)

Immediately place 1 candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.

No comments: