Monday, June 1, 2009

Creamy Basil Tomato Soup with Gorgonzola


The original recipe was from sparkrecipes.com and I am posting but this batch had way too much gorgonzola cheese for me. Might have been better without so much cheese.

56 oz diced tomatoes, no salt added, drained
1 tsp EVOO
2 tbsp tomato paste
6 cloves garlic - pressed
1 pint fat free half/half
2 tbsp fresh chopped basil leaves (I used 1/4 cup)
3/4 cup cumbled gorgonzola (I used 4 oz)

Pulse the drained tomatoes in a food processor until smooth.

Cook garlic, EVOO, and tomato paste in saucepan over medium heat about 2 minutes stirring constantly.

Stir in pureed tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes or until bubbly. Stir in cheese and mix until its all melted.

Add 1 pint of half and half and remove from heat before boiling.

Stir in basil and serve. I added some crouton and parm cheese on top of mine.

No comments: