Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Update and Roasted Chicken Breast

I am currently 13.5 weeks pregnant (due November 6)!!!! So I haven't been doing much, well any, cooking for the past 9 weeks or so. But I am feeling better and trying to get back into the habit of making nightly dinners.

Tonight I am doing Casserole Queen Chicken Pot Pie (which I will review after I eat tonight) but I have no idea how to fool with a whole chicken so I decided to roast chicken breast (another first for me). I don't have any measurments bc I wasn't sure what I was doing but it came out YUMMY and very moist. Could use as is with a side or cube/shred for many other things such as salad or chicken pot pie.

Roasted Chicken Breast
4 - Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (approx 2 lbs)
Water
EVOO
White Wine
Salt
Black Pepper
Paprika
Dried Parsley
Dried Tarragon
Fresh Lemon Thyme
Butter

Preheat oven to 400

Put a little water, EVOO, and white wine in a roasting pot large enough to hold all chicken without over lapping. Lay chicken breast into pan and season each with S&P, paprika, a pinch of dried parsley, and a pinch of dried tarragon. I placed a fresh spring of lemon thyme on top of each breast but you could also use regular thyme with a little lemon juice. Put a little butter on top of each breast.

Cover and bake for 45 minutes.

No comments: